OOH LA LA OUTLOOK!A space that is welcoming of fun, and a perfect escape from the mundane, introducing Express Two Storey’s new display home in Lakelands Private Estate, The Outlook! This home is a four bedroom, two bathroom two storey home design complete with a theater and private retreat - perfect for the well-travelled family or for the wanderlust family who dreams of adventure.
Our favourite five:
- The wanderlust gallery wall of the Living Room. It creates the story of unique experiences & collected treasures.
- The floral wall-papered power room. It’s glam, vintage & cosy all at once.
- The industrial black pendant lights of the Kitchen. They are gregarious & unapologetic.
- The deep green velvet couch of the Home Theatre. It is luxury comfort.
- The four poster bed in the Master Bedroom. It denotes romance, mystery & escape from the outside world.
Inspiration:Feel & Design: Boho Luxe. Though finding a consistent feel in so many seemingly unrelated elements is more of a challenge than it would appear! Also, boho is usually synonymous with a much older, already-lived-in space. To create the feel of a backstory of something that’s completely new was the fun of it. Materials & colour palette: It’s gallery-white. This allowed free license for colours and textures, splashed onto fabrics, furniture and ornaments. Boho is counter-intuitive, in that it must feel more collected than planned. It can’t be uniform. It’s the feeling of having travelled and found many interesting things along the way – you will find these collected treasures in pieces like the silk Indian ottoman of of the master bedroom, the mandala bedspread of the girl’s room, the weathered, natural wood of the dining table. Elements & Space: The living room is a must see, and perhaps the space that works best in this home. The carved sideboard from Behind the Door Collective is as earthy and cosy as it is a detailed masterpiece unto itself. The coffee table that was once a door is quirky and inviting of fun & new ideas. The room is so naturally well-lit that every piece within it sits unobtrusively. The opulent black & white rug is delicately designed so that the room as a whole is calming and delightful despite its many decorative participants. Come and say hello to Dave this weekend, he would be delightful to walk you through an interesting home filled with collected treasures! Location: 12 Gooljak Rise, Lakelands Opening Times: Monday – Wednesday 2-5pm / Saturday – Sunday 1-5pm Want to learn more? To learn more about The Outlook, get in touch with Dave on 0402 419 131 or click here!
- Bigger house on a small block
- Two storey homes enable multiple living options
- You get a bigger backyard
- Increases to the First Home Owners Grant & Access to Keystart
- Increased enquiry for House & Land
- Investor capitalisation on low interest rates
- Land availability will decrease
- Express is the first project builder in Perth to adopt the use of Sto Render systems. Sto is an internationally recognised industry leader in render, cladding and construction solutions. Manufacturing environmentally friendly thin-coat synthetic render systems that are:
- Incredibly strong with crack resistance that is six times stronger than a standard render
- Highly flexible
- Available in over 800 colours and a variety of textures (colours run through the render so to avoid visible chipping)
- Resistant to weathering
Video source: Sto Australia
- Express is also the first builder in Perth to use TECBEAM® technology to construct the upper floor. TECBEAM® is an extremely strong flooring system that is lighter and quicker to build than the traditional concrete slab system and as a result more affordable.
- Express’ innovative online customisation tool allows customers to personalise their two storey home from a myriad of design options at the click of a button.
- Design around the site and location. Thankfully, Express Two Storey Living sales consultants go through intensive training so that they are well equipped to advise you on how to achieve a house design that matches your lifestyle.
- Consider the solar orientation of your property to create a house that feels larger and is complimented by the elements. This not only makes the house feel lighter and more spacious, it also increases cooling and heating efficiencies. The experts at Express are here to help you optimise your floorplan.
- Ensure that the house flows and is easy to furnish. If rooms are designed poorly, it can be difficult to find appropriate spaces for large sized furnishings. At Express Two Storey Living all of our designs go through a rigorous testing process by professional designers to ensure maximum functionality – BEFORE your home is built.
- Is there sufficient space between the fence and the house?
- Is there glazing to the northern side of the building to allow important winter light to penetrate the home?
- Avoid doors to bedrooms or bathrooms coming directly off shared spaces or living areas - you don’t want to be distracted by your washing machine while you’re watching a movie.
- Avoid being fixated on bedroom sizes as where the bed is located and the surrounding space is a better indicator of functionality than size.
Always dreamed of stopping by the beach after work? Image source: Frank McKenna via UnsplashCity Locations If you're not a person who is interested in the seaside, there are plenty of options remaining for buyers wanting to settle closer to the city. Large lots are being subdivided to create new infill developments in city locales, which are perfect for those craving a more urban street frontage. Young professionals and families wanting the convenience of city living, can take advantage of 10m frontage designs, such as The West Wind providing a great way to achieve an affordable family home in a more central location of choice.
Elizabeth Quay at night - Perth City. Image via PixabayWhether you're seeking a relaxed coastal lifestyle, or faster paced urban living, narrow lots are the best option for those wanting to build in prime locations at an affordable price. With modern building techniques in Perth driving down the cost of the two storey lifestyle, now is the perfect time to consider narrow lot housing with a two storey house and land package in the location of your choice. Have a look at some house designs perfect for narrow lots to see which design would work best for you, and check out house and land packages available in Perth now. For further reading regarding building your two storey home, have a look at: Sustainable technology and materials - by Express Two Storey Living Which Express Two Storey design best suits you? Living in Jindalee - Eden Beach Estate